WEBSITE COOKIE NOTICE
Coolies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, though personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtainable from Cookies. Please see our Privacy Statement for more information on how we use, store and secure your personal information.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on the website among its many users.
You can learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?
Cookies we may use and why
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline until its set expiration date, unless deleted by you before the expiration date, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
We may also use “Analytics and Performance” cookies, which allow us to track analytics by counting visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Website. They may be set by us or by third party providers to help us to know which pages or videos are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Website.
How can I control cookies?
If you do not accept our Cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Website and some features may not function properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
We may also use tracking technologies to determine whether you have read, clicked on, or forwarded certain email communications we send to you so that we can make our communications more helpful and interesting. If you do not wish us to confirm whether you have opened, clicked on or forwarded our communications, you will need to unsubscribe, as it is not possible for us to send these emails without tracking enabled. Registered subscribers can update their communication preferences at any time by contacting us, or you can unsubscribe following the instructions in the individual email communications you receive from us.
Changes to this Cookie Notice
We may modify or amend this Cookie Notice from time to time at our discretion. When we make changes to this notice, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page, and such modified or amended Cookie Notice shall be effective as to you and your information as of that revision date.
We encourage you to periodically review this Cookie Notice to be informed about how we are using cookies.
WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement describes our policies and procedures on the collection, use and disclosure of your information when you use the Service (Website) and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We use your personal data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact our Information Protection Office by emailing email@example.com.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: your name, current job title, company address, email address, and telephone number.
We do not usually seek sensitive information (e.g., data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation) from visitors. We will, where necessary, obtain your explicit consent to collect and use such information.
Log information, cookies, and web beacons
Usage Data (refers to data collected automatically, either generated using the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit)) is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
You may at any time request that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications generated in response to your provision of personal information via this Website.
Use of Personal Information
Pagetech may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The personal information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: we may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: we may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact you.
- For business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Pagetech assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Affiliates: we may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honour this Privacy Statement. Affiliates include any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
By providing information through this Website, you are consenting to the disclosures described above.
Blogs, forums, wikis, and other social media
This Website may host various blogs, forums, wikis, and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Any personal information or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application can be read, collected, and used by other users of that Social Media Application over whom we have little or no control. Therefore, we are not responsible for any other user’s use, misuse, or misappropriation of any personal information or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application.
Pagetech will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. We will retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Pagetech will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your personal information
Your information, including personal information, is processed at Pagetech’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Your consent to this Privacy Statement followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Pagetech will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and no transfer of your personal information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Your personal information
If Pagetech is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal information may be transferred. We will provide notice before your personal information is transferred and becomes subject to a different Privacy Statement.
Under certain circumstances, Pagetech may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Access to information
Visitors who would like to request access to their information, to update their details, or unsubscribe from communications should contact our Information Protection Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. In all cases we will treat requests to access information or change information in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all information provided by visitors via this Website from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time at our discretion. When we make changes to this Statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page, and such modified or amended Privacy Statement shall be effective as to you and your information as of that revision date. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
Children’s privacy protection
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world. This Website is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 18 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 18.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy while using this Website, please direct them to our Information Protection Office at email@example.com.
Use of Content
Authorised Use (for informational, non-commercial purposes only): view, copy, print, and distribute (without modification) the content on this Website. Any copies you make must include the copyright notice or other attribution associated with the content.
Unauthorised Use: copying or use of any software, proprietary processes, or technology embodied or described in this Website.
Compliance with Law and Privacy Statement
You must comply with all applicable laws in accessing and using this Website.
You specifically consent to our use of your personal information and data according to our Privacy Statement and Cookie Notice, incorporated by this reference, and agree to the obligations imposed on you therein.
Intellectual Property Rights
The use of other parties’ trademarks on this Website are for identification purposes only and may not have been approved for use on this Website. You have no right to use the trademarks of other parties used on this Website.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
THIS WEBSITE CONTAINS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. WE ARE NOT, BY MEANS OF THIS WEBSITE, RENDERING PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR SERVICES AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL ADVISOR PRIOR TO TAKING ANY ACTION BASED ON THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE.
WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY OF THE SAME) AS TO THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE. NEITHER DO WE WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE, ERROR-FREE, FREE FROM VIRUSES OR MALICIOUS CODE, OR WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES IN RESPECT OF ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE AS WELL.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR DELICT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF WE KNEW, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR USAGE.
THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY APPLY TO OUR PERSONNEL AS WELL AND ARE APPLICABLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, DELICT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE.
These terms and conditions are governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to the principles of conflicts of laws. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa in respect of any disputes arising in connection with this Website.